Buy Pro Den Rx Oral Rinse
Use of chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse in a six month clinical study did not result in any significant change in bacterial resistance, overgrowth of potentially opportunistic organisms or other adverse changes in the oral microbial ecosystem. Three months after chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse use was discontinued, the number of bacteria in plaque had returned to baseline levels and resistance of plaque bacteria to chlorhexidine gluconate was equal to that at baseline.
buy pro den rx oral rinse
In parturition and lactation studies with rats, no evidence of impaired parturition or of toxic effects to suckling pups was observed when chlorhexidine gluconate was administered to dams at doses that were over 100 times greater than that which would result from a person's ingesting 30 mL (2 capfuls) of chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse per day.
The following oral mucosal side effects were reported during placebo - controlled adult clinical trials: aphthous ulcer, grossly obvious gingivitis, trauma, ulceration, erythema, desquamation, coated tongue, keratinization, geographic tongue, mucocele, and short frenum. Each occurred at a frequency of less than 1%.
Among post marketing reports, the most frequently reported oral mucosal symptoms associated with chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse are stomatitis, gingivitis, glossitis, ulcer, dry mouth, hypesthesia, glossal edema, and paresthesia.
Recommended use is twice daily rinsing for 30 seconds, morning and evening after tooth brushing. Usual dosage is 15 mL (marked in cap) of undiluted chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse. Patients should be instructed to not rinse with water, or other mouthwashes, brush teeth, or eat immediately after using chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse. Chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse is not intended for ingestion and should be expectorated after rinsing.
The oral LD50 value in rats is 360mg/kg and the dermal LD50 value is >2000mg/kg. Repeated or prolonged dermal contact can cause irritant symptoms such as reddening of the skin, blisters, or dermatitis.
Home-care rinse intended for preventing decay, inhibiting plaque, and reducing gum sensitivity. Ideal solution for patients with sensitivity and an option to be used with an irrigator. Antimicrobial benefits include fighting against bacteria. Dye-free. Mint flavor.
Keep out of the reach of infants and children. Pediatric patients under age 12 should be supervised in use of this product. Patients under age 6 require special supervision to prevent repeated swallowing of rinse since they frequently swallow significant amounts while rinsing. Prolonged daily ingestion may result in dental fluorosis in patients under age 6, especially if water fluoridation exceeds 0.6 ppm. Read directions carefully before using.
Accidental ingestion of large amounts of fluoride may result in acute burning in the mouth and sore tongue. Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea may occur soon after ingestion (within 30 minutes) and are accompanied by salivation, hematemesis, and epigastric cramping abdominal pain. These symptoms may persist for 24 hours. If less than 5 mg fluoride/kg body weight (i.e., less than 2.3 mg fluoride/lb body weight) has been ingested, give calcium (e.g., milk) orally to relieve gastrointestinal symptoms and observe for a few hours. If more than 5 mg fluoride/kg body weight (i.e., more than 2.3 mg fluoride/lb body weight) has been ingested, induce vomiting, give orally soluble calcium (e.g., milk, 5% calcium gluconate or calcium lactate solution) and immediately seek medical assistance. For accidental ingestion of more than 15 mg fluoride/kg of body weight (i.e., more than 6.9 mg fluoride/lb body weight), induce vomiting and admit immediately to a hospital facility. A treatment dose (10 mL or two teaspoonfuls) of PreviDent Rinse contains approximately 9 mg fluoride. One 16 fl. oz. bottle contains approximately 429 mg fluoride. One 64 fl. oz. (half-gallon office size) bottle contains approximately 1,717 mg fluoride.
For caries - Adults and pediatric patients over age 6 years, 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL). Once a week, preferably at bedtime after thoroughly brushing the teeth, rinse vigorously around and between the teeth for one minute, then expectorate. DO NOT SWALLOW. For maximum benefit, do not eat, drink, or rinse mouth for at least 30 minutes afterwards.
1. Brush and floss at least twice per day. This is a simple, but very important step. The easiest way to keep your teeth white is to practice good oral hygiene. Daily care prevents the buildup of bad bacteria, plaque, and tartar that can further discolor your teeth. Toothpastes that contain baking soda can help whiten your teeth, and flossing after each meal helps your whole mouth stay clean and healthy. Brushing with an electric toothbrush can also be very effective for polishing the plaque away.
Sometimes chlorhexidine is prescribed to patients who have a difficult time maintaining their oral hygiene and require a deep clean. Regular brushing and flossing will work toward maintaining the cleanliness and healthy look of your teeth after chlorhexidine.
Chlorhexidine oral rinse should be used after you have brushed and flossed your teeth. Rinse the toothpaste completely from your mouth with water before using the oral rinse. Do not eat or drink for several hours after using the oral rinse.
The cap on the original container of chlorhexidine can be used to measure the 15 mL ( fluid ounce) dose of this medicine. Fill the cap to the ``fill line.'' If you do not receive the dental rinse in its original container, make sure you have a measuring device to measure out the correct dose. Your pharmacist can help you with this.
FormFluoride mouth rinse is a concentrated solution intended for daily or weekly use. The most common fluoride compound used in mouth rinse is sodium fluoride. Over-the-counter solutions of 0.05% sodium fluoride (230 ppm fluoride) for daily rinsing are available for use by persons older than 6 years of age. Solutions of 0.20% sodium fluoride (920 ppm fluoride) are used in supervised, school-based weekly rinsing programs. Other concentrations also are available.
AvailabilityMouth rinses intended for home use can be purchased over-the-counter. Higher strength mouth rinses for those at high risk of tooth decay must be prescribed by a dentist or physician.
RecommendationsFor children younger than 6, consult first with your doctor or dentist regarding the use of mouth rinse because dental fluorosis could occur if such mouth rinses are repeatedly swallowed. Because fluoride mouth rinse has resulted in only limited reductions in tooth decay among schoolchildren, especially as their exposure to other sources of fluoride has increased, its use should be targeted to individuals or groups at high risk for decay.
The ingestion of toothpaste is the major cause of sodium fluoride overdose. This is followed by sodium fluoride supplements and mouth rinses. Most causes of sodium fluoride toxicity have been observed in children under the age of 6 years old. The manifestations of a sodium fluoride overdose may include gastrointestinal disturbance, abdominal pain, alterations in taste, seizures, salivation, bradycardia, tachycardia, headache, tremor, and shallow breathing. Gastrointestinal bleeding may also occur in addition to a sensation of burning in the mouth. Hypotension, bronchospasm, fixed mydriasis, and elevated potassium can also occur which, in turn, may lead to arrhythmias and cardiac arrest.
If a dose greater than 5 mg fluoride per kilogram of body weight (2.3 mg fluoride per pound of body weight) has been taken, it is advisable to induce vomiting. Administer calcium in an oral, soluble form (for example, 5% calcium gluconate, a solution of calcium lactate, or milk). The patient should seek immediate medical attention. If a sodium fluoride ingestion of 15 mg fluoride/kg of body weight or more occurs (i.e. higher than 6.9 mg fluoride per pound), immediately induce vomiting, provide supportive care, and admit the patient to the hospital for observation. 041b061a72